Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Crabsticks



As a firm believer in Karma (what you give out comes back to you), I believe it has bitten me in the ass.

...Recall my previous blog 'Turkey Skin' - where I gave my sister a beatin' about tanning too much.

The day after I went yachting.

Now, Stacey's legs NEVER tan (or so I thought)

I covered my back with sun screen and there sat Stacey with an umbrella covering her top half. I did want to get some some sort of colour on my opaque legs so left them out to be a-washed with Vit D.

Minutes passed... no tan
Hours passed... no colour

Nightfall came - RED! BURNT!

Let me repeat that: RED! BURNT!

Funny how tan's only reveal themselves at night... slimey fuckers.

The best way to describe the colour is a crabstick.

Now I love crabsticks - they are so delicious... I am obsessed with them.

But in no way do I want them on my legs thank you very much.

Below is an image of my leg.

(Please note that this in no way gives justification to the severity of the burn or the redness of the colour.)

PS: Look at the line on the thigh (of which I might point out that my thigh is leaning on a chair which makes it look fatter)



See how the redness is only on the top part. I stupidly only tanned the front, so the back is still white.
If you look at my leg from the side, the clear line between the red and the white is clearly evident - bring on the fuck'en crabstick.

So there sat, or should I say lay, Stacey on News Years eve with Sun Stroke... in bed.. going delirious. The pain was unbearable. Instead of copious amounts of booze that was I was supposed to consume that evening at a party, yet others had the lucky fortunes of consuming, Stacey had copious amounts of wet towels, moisturizer creams, pain killers and burn relief ointment.

It's been 4 days and I can still feel the pain and my skin is still reddish.

Oh look, tiny blisters are forming. Bring on the peeling.

I am still of the belief that fuck the 'turkey skin' - I'll never do that again.

However a further insight to this belief:

'Crabsticks: good for eating, bad for the legs.'

No comments:

Post a Comment