Sunday, October 2, 2011

Bring on the gardening tools



Happy days - I found me a gardener.

No longer with these spring onions in the flower bed just in front of my porch make me nauseous with it's stink. No longer will the weeds continue to take over the entire garden, or the dogs poos continue to stare at me with their brown faces, or the garden look shabby and untidy.

Being a workoholic I don't have the time to do the garden or maintain it, and being the size that it is - Chris (my NOW fiance) can't do all of it himself.

So introducing GOLI - our new gardener. Very efficient he is.

So off to the hardware store and nursery I went (a place foreign to me and rarely visited) - bring on the gardening tools. I bought a rake, spade, fork, flowers and lavender.

Goli, in the one day he has been here as fixed the place up. I was jumping around the whole time - so excited. I love efficient people. I love that my garden is starting to look nice. A country garden to match my country cottage is coming along nicely.

I'll be the frequent visitor now at the nursery. This can actually turn out to be a hobby. But an expensive one at that - for something that grows out of the earth: plants are very expensive.

We had our first SA Summer rains this weekend. Followed by hail (SA's version of UK's snow.) But all this rain will make my flower babies grow. Grow babies grow! But, oh dear, the more growing the more mowing. Goli where are you? We need you.

Dream garden, here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment