Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sticking to my guns



After many hard knocks to the chest and a broken soul – I need to reassess. With Stace-Face Face Painting’s job taking a turn for the worst over the past few weeks – a cake mess up (fuck you stupid baker); refund here, refund there, and a crap comment from a client – I need to reassess the business.

No longer will I take on too much; offer client’s too much for the price of nothing; discount my services to suit their budget; take on jobs I’m not comfortable with; no longer leave a job feeling like I didn’t do it well; or take on jobs that I don’t know what to do. I’m going to stick to what I know best. Boys – I’m ‘a gonna stick to me’ guns.

This one random old guy said to me: When it comes to your business and your clients say to them: “You want me, I don’t want you.”

Fucken bulldoze me over and make me smack my face in a pile of shit – that saying is brilliant!

With the business, I am going back to basics - starting from the foundation and building it up again. Wow - you really learn a lot in having your own business - I've once again had a business brain wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment