Saturday, February 18, 2012

Big ego's need big cars

Now I have nothing against house wives or soccer moms, I'm only against the choice of cars that they drive.

I have noticed on numerous occasions, the type of cars that these mom's drive. The AUDI 4 x 4's; BMW 4 x 4's; Range Drover Sport (the worst of the lot) - these big ass cars that are supposed to be off-road/ dirt road/ 4 x 4 type cars but they fail to fit this bill.

Definition of 4 x 4 vehicle: a vehicle that has power supplied by the engine to all four wheels so that it can travel easily over difficult ground

Travelling from your house to the school ( a 5 min drive on tar road) does not classify as difficult ground. I mean seriously, have you ever seen a BMW/AUDI/RANGE ROVER SPORT been taking into the mountains and driving in hard terrain. NO! Even the adverts that showcase these cars, illustrate the cars driving on tar roads in the city, or on exception - driving on a dirt road with LIMITED tiny rocks and stones. AUDI and BMW in particular should not be making these cars.

I see alot of these cars.....



...and everytime I see them I want to use my tiny Kia Picanto car, ramm them up the back end of the car and push them into a wall. Hard. The sad thing is, is that these cars are everywhere and they are all driven my soccer moms.



Seriously, does this Audi look like a 4x4, heavy duty; can-withstand-bushy-landscape-and-go-half-way-into-a-dam-and-come-out-safely car? No, and the funny thing is - is that when buying this type of car one 'supposedly' wants to use it for off roading. But do you ever see these cars dirty, or scratched or covered in mud? No. They are always pristine and clean. This proves my point that these cars are bought for egos and not for its true purpose.



Yes, I understand that these soccer mom's transport a million kids around, but why can't they buy something more economically friendly and cheaper? Like this:



or this....

But no, you'd rather have something that has a nice pretty brand name. These average cars do the EXACT same thing as your ego-enhancing cars do.

Some of these mom's only have one or two children. So, they buy these cars as they rich 'yummy' moms and need the extra space for their enlarged heads that carry their large ego's. I mean, these petite woman look stupid in these big cars. Shouldn't the men be driving these cars?

What got me even more irritated is that one day I was waiting in a public parking lot and this soccer mom came and parked next to me. It was a very hot day, and because I'm not rolling in the bucks (like most people) I leave my windows and doors slightly open to get a breeze to try and cool off. There she was parked with her windows up and her air con on.

Air on = engine on = hot air going into my car as well as NOISE from the engine.
This went on for like half an hour. I was fuming.

I wanted to get out of my car and tell this woman:

"Listen here, just because you have the money to pay for the petrol you are wasting by leaving your engine running so you can have your air con on, doesn't mean I have to sit hear and listen to your 'truck' roaring and get more hot by the heat coming off the front of your car. Also, Miss I-have-too-much-money-to-sit-and-worry-about-the-environment, just because you want to be aircon-cool doesn't mean the ozone has to suffer from the constant fumes that your car is blowing out, you inconsiderable bitch."

Point: I hate AUDI/BMW/RANGE ROVER SPORT cars. With the passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment