Friday, July 16, 2010

Highway tolls - Am I shitting money?



Okay ... so does it look like I am shitting money? Not only are we, as South African citizens, already forking out money to pay for tax levies, pikitup services and TV licenses - but now we need to suck money out of thin air to pay for highway tolls.

I've just seen the rates. *Gulp*

I'm taking back roads from now on. This is extortion.

Let me give you a rough idea, if you do not know by now:

Johannesburg CBD to Pretoria CBD - R1020.00 estimated cost per working month
Glenvista to Woodmead - R676.00 estimated cost per working month
Randburg to Sunninghill - R566.00 estimated cost per working month

This is only some of the overly hiked prices.

That's it - I am going on strike!

How do they expect highway drivers to pay this, on top of all their costs. We pay for petrol, is that not enough?

I was driving on the road when I saw on of these tolls and said to Chris "What's that?" Well, now I know. They'll click my license plate every time I go on the highway or pass a toll booth, and I'll receive a hefty bill at the end of every month.

In fact, maybe I should just ride to work on a bicycle or walk. But wait, maybe they'll soon start charging you for riding bicycles, or even walking on the pavement. This is to be expected.

I'm actually shocked at these rates and this procedure - this is out right ridiculous. Soon I might not be able to blog anymore because I had to sell my laptop to pay for the highway toll charges.

*Yikes*

No comments:

Post a Comment