Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bloodpaths



Do you see the huge amount of dead bodies in the back ground. I think that is what every human leaves behind when they die... a mere bloodpath in their wake.

People will always say...

"Live your life for you. Make yourself happy. Don't worry about making others upset or worry about what they think."

Now I have always been a people pleaser, never one to enjoy hurting others or neglecting to consider their feelings when making my own decisions.

But I think it's impossible to make yourself happy without leaving a blood trail behind. Cynical as it may sound, I think life is all about disappointing people. Once again I think it's impossible to please every SINGLE person when making a decision that affects others around you.

A double edge sword: Make a decision that makes you happy. Hurt someone. Feel upset for hurting them and then your happiness is depleted.

Or maybe it's not about hurting someone. If they really knew you and would revel in your happiness with you they would see the bigger picture and be happy for you and not be hurt. OR, make others happy by doing decisions that make them happy, and their happiness will make you happy.

I don't know.

Bloodpaths or not, I've made my decisions and the blood stains are starting to appear on my trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment