Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Carrot!



In the old days, donkeys (used as the load carriers) were made to walk faster by using a carrot hung in front of their faces.

We, as humans, can also be viewed as an ass. We have these wonderful temptations hung in our face, but funnily enough we never seem to obtain them.

In jobs, in school, in relationships, in friendship there is always that bloody carrot. I am currently experiencing the 'carrot' now in work, where I've asked for something and am still waiting for confirmation.

Why is it that bosses always hold up carrots?

Why is it that future employers hold up carrots? If you take the job - you'll get this and that and this and that - but in actual fact, when you sign the contract, you get zippo, nada, jack shit.

I am waiting to eat my carrot now. I have been waiting the whole week. If the carrot continues to hang in my face and is not eaten', then it will be a sign. I'll take it as a sign to "stick that carrot up where the sun doesn't shine."

No comments:

Post a Comment