Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Family Portrait



I kept listening to this song, by Pink, on the way home yesterday.

Some of the words speak true to me. It hit home.

"Mama please stop crying, I can stand the sound.
Your pain is painful and its tearing me down."

"I told dad you didn't mean those nasty things you said"

"This I come home to, this is my shelter"

"I don't want love to destroy me like it did my family
Can we work it out, can we be a family"

"Mommy I'll do anything"

"Daddy, make mama stop crying, coz I need you around
My mama she loves you, no matter what says is true
But remember I love you too"

"Don't want to go back to that place, but don't have a choice no way"

"Can we work it out can we be a family?
I'll do anything"

"In our family portrait, we look pretty happy.
Let's play pretend and act like it comes naturally."

"I don't want to split the holidays,
I don't want two addresses"

"In our family portrait we look pretty happy, we look pretty normal
Lets go back to that"



Whatever times or different situations this refers to, you don't need to know.

It is irrelevant.

I wish I had the perfect family portrait.

2 comments:

  1. Take the lessons learnt and be a stronger person for it. We can't ask for a perfect family, it is not in our power to make other people the way we see fit. But we do have the power to make our own lives/beings fabulous... Lessons learnt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true Nats. I think its the imperfections of our families that make them perfect. Nevertheless, I am truly blessed....

    ReplyDelete